Saturday, May 22, 2010

Veggie-Tales


As I've said before, our Sunday School classroom is decorated in Veggie Tales. Some people go for Disney, but not me, I go for those cute little talking vegetables with no arms or legs like Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato. I found the border and a plaque at the thrift store and have accessorized with items as I (or girlfriends) find them. Like for instance, I happened to see Veggie-Tale material at our local Walmart some time ago and sewed two pillows and velour blankets to make our reading center. And yes, those are Veggie-Tale board books in the basket!

Later I found a chili pepper piñata on clearance for three bucks and hot-glued two huge wiggle eyes on it which hangs in the corner over the reading center.

A girlfriend gave me a Veggie-Tale decorated picture frame and I computer-generated the insert which hangs outside our classroom door. I am using the the pictures cut from last years Veggie-Tale calendar as cheap posters in our room and cut out the small ones on the back cover to tape to attendance reward atc's. A Veggie-Tale cup is our pencil holder and a Laura the Carrot hand puppet stands guard over our Veggie-Tale VCR tapes. I've also computer generated some scriptures pertaining to the Fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22) and vegetables (Proverbs 15:17) to hang on the walls and found curtains decorated on the bottom with crocheted vegetables at a local salvage store.

Just recently, a couple of my students, in honor of the Lord's day, brought me a huge gift-wrapped box containing the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything ship which I will cherish because of their thoughtfulness. We opened it with excitement and giggles and already have had fun sharing this wonderful toy with our whole class. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.